5i Strategic Affairs has been offering consulting, training, facilitation and coaching services to all types of organizations around the globe for over 30 years.
It specializes in horizontal and vertical “Strategic Leadership” training and in managing and optimizing the strategic planning or strategic-decision-making processes for organizational/teams and their leaders in all sectors of economic and social activity.
What differentiates 5i from its competitors? Its
- Recognition of the importance in decision-making of both “Cold/hard data” and “Warm data”
- Expertise in identifying, challenging and validating the prevailing "Strategic Assumptions" behind a client's beliefs, preferences and decisions.
- Experience in scenario-planning techniques
- Use of “Social Presencing” techniques and exercises
- Focus on educating clients throughout the working relationship
- Belief in "360 organizational sustainability" and not just token gestures of CSR
- Understanding that organizations are first and foremost people - not just numbers
5i Strategic Affairs gets its name from the rigourous but flexible 5i Strategic Planning Process that the organization uses:
We use a wide-variety of models, tools and concepts and dialoguing-techniques in order to diagnoze - and gain agreement upon - the key issues that affect the organization's performance today.
We create, explore and sense into all plausible future strategic alternatives available to the organization in the future. Our imaginations are unleashed by the challenging of strategic assumptions, by some serious forms of play and by trying to seek out our full potential.
We facilitate an emergent process which allows us to crystalize and capture the new vision, our "North Star", which will serve to guide us forward over the next 3-5 years.
We develop a viable implementation "road-map", set of guiding principles, KPIs, a project portfolio and accountability systems to ensure that the organization has a clear plan as to how it will achieve its Intent.
We monitor progress, take corrective action and offer individual and/or multi-level organizational support and coaching to principals and staff to ensure that all the performance objectives are achieved.
The 5i Process