5i Strategic Affairs is one of the leading global experts in leading the strategic planning process in all types of for-profit, not-for-profit and government organizations. In over 30 years of existence, it has successfully lead numerous strategic planning exercises from launch to completion and trained individuals, facilitated team retreats and workshops in Africa, Asia and the Americas.
5i believes in the value of deep, rational analysis of any personal or organizational situation. However, it is unique in that it also recognizes that great leaders, working in teams, need to also gain access to all of their intuitive, physical, social, emotional and worldly wisdom and consciousness if they are to generate the ideas, visions, drive and commitment to initiate the change required to be successful in the 2020s.
Thanks to experience gained over the past few years – and perfected since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic - 5i can now offer its exceptional level of training and facilitation anywhere and anytime around the world through on-line delivery to your organization or team members.
Since, March 2020, during this COVID era, 5i has already delivered:
- A strategic planning exercise involving over 40 key employees for a major engineering company with 8 different business units which ran from April to October 2020.
- Two complete on-line (with synchronous and asynchronous components) “Strategic Planning & Execution” training programs (with coaching sessions) over five weeks to two groups of individuals from different organizations in diverse, locations across Canada;
- An intensive, two-day, fully on-line, “9-to-5” “Strategic Planning” workshop to twenty-five employees of the same organization all located in their individual home/office environments
- Online offerings of a 3-credit "Strategic Management" course at McGill University
- A project to launch a new business entity in the "Circular Economy/Net Zero" space (online)
Want to learn more about how we might work together? Please contact us today!
The Hidden, Yet Powerful Beliefs That Control Every Decision You Make
Why are Strategic Assumptions important?
"We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviors grow out of these assumptions." - Stephen R. Covey from The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
"People often form big assumptions in their lives and then seldom, if ever, examine them. They're woven into the very fabric of our lives. But only by bringing them into the light can people finally challenge their deepest beliefs and recognize why they're engaging in seemingly contradictory behavior." - Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey from The Real Reason People Won't Change
"The ExCom members - the CEO, COO, CFO, CTO, and head of HR had grown tired of sitting through endless Powerpoint presentations that provided them few opportunities to challenge the business unit's assumptions or influence their strategies." - Michael Mankins from Stop Making Plans
What assumptions are you making about your life, your organization or your career that are fueling your decision-making? Are they well-founded, or totally off-base? How will you know?
How can you be assured that you are making the best decisions in an uncertain world?
This book offers practical strategies for making important decisions with greater clarity and confidence, regardless of the accuracy of your underlying assumptions.
Buy direct from the Author with PayPal